Thursday, April 12, 2012

Through Their Eyes

I'm following through on an initiative I received from God Sunday morning. Well, actually, I received it a while back. I've neglected it and God has instructed me to get going, get on the ball, and make it happen. The initiative is a set of poems collectively titled "Through Their Eyes." Each poem is to be the perspective of someone who encountered Jesus during His ministry. This forces me to ponder their stories beyond what's presented in the text of Scripture and, perhaps, see my own Savior in a new light.

Thus far, I've written a piece for the woman with the issue of blood, Saul of Tarsus, Mary Magdalene, and the blind beggar at the temple gate called Beautiful (he technically encountered a pair of apostles, but he qualifies in my opinion because it was the power of Christ that healed him). I finished one for Barabbas today, and I have many others planned. Would you take a moment and read them please? I'd love to know your thoughts. Also, are there any people you'd like me to include in the collection? Let me know and I'll add them to my list.

Thanks! Have a blessed day.

No comments: