Sunday, February 26, 2012

"He That Believeth On Me..."

said Jesus. In fact, He said it twelve times in the Gospels. Here's the twelve dependent clauses that followed:
  1. "...should not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:15)
  2. "...should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16)
  3. "...is not condemned" (John 3:18)
  4. "...hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (John 5:24)
  5. "...shall never thirst" (John 6:35)
  6. "...may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6:40)
  7. "...hath everlasting life" (John 6:47)
  8. "...out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water" (John 7:38)
  9. "...though he were dead, yet shall he live" (John 11:25)
  10. "...believeth not on me, but on him that sent me" (John 12:44)
  11. "...should not abide in darkness" (John 12:46)
  12. "...the works that I do shall he do also; and greater than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father" (John 14:12)

No comments: