Monday, November 26, 2007

An X!ample

One of the coolest things about being a student of the Bible is that its Author is still around to answer questions and help learn a principle or two. No matter how much we argue over the interpretation of The Grapes of Wrath, we cannot truly understand what the author was trying to say; Steinbeck is dead. But the Holy Spirit is alive and active today! He is our Teacher now that Jesus has ascended and He wants us to get God's Word. He's the best, most complete and exhaustive concordance available. Plus, you just can't beat the price!

I asked Him such a question today. I was doing part of my daily reading (Psalm 57 because it's October 57th) and noticed verse 6 in particular. It reminded me of a proverb I'd read several times and I wanted to verify my memory. Unfortunately I didn't have a complete concordance on hand and every word I looked up took me to verses other than the one I sought. A little disappointed, I just continued to ponder it. I never even put voice to my question.

The Holy Spirit gently reminded me to read the Proverb of the day (Proverbs 26 because it's November 26th). I did this with eager expectation because I know the Holy Spirit knows the Bible and usually has something cool to show me when He tells me to read a particular passage. I was no longer disappointed when I got to verse 27. It was the exact verse I had been thinking about and wanting to read!

Only God could orchestrate my readings so that both of those verses were read in the same day. I mean, who knew October 57th and November 26th were the same day? It was a small thing, but I was blessed immeasurably. I'll let you open a Bible yourself if you want to know the content of those verses. I really just wanted to relate an example of how life to the power of God is exciting! May your day be as blessed as mine was.

No comments: