Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Baby Wrangling Photographer

Marissa and I were given a special gift by our OB/GYN's office. Or maybe not so special and much more commercial since every couple gets one but the result of said gift will be special to us: photos of Aidan by a real professional (unlike a fake professional). The clinic gave us a coupon good for the sitting fee at The Smile House.

The photographer, Laura Kay Wootan, was really great with Aidan. Mom and Dad, on the other hand, were not. She had lots of great ideas for different shots and had a camera that really impressed me (I get that from Grandpa John). Marissa and I were nuts because Aidan was quite distressed. He screamed most of the morning and peed on both of us at different times. Fortunately, photographs don't include audio and there were some captured moments when Aidan actually smiled!

Haven't seen the finished products yet - we go back for a viewing next week - but based on some of Laura's samples (on the web, at her studio, and on the walls of our doctor's waiting room), we'll surely be pleased. I don't think I'll own the copyright to these photos so I won't be able to post them online anywhere, but they'll be with us anytime we leave the house I'm sure. All you'll have to do is ask!

No comments: