Saturday, March 24, 2007

Danny: Please Write Me A Theme Song

Was recently watching a movie based on a comic book and thought I recognized the composer from the character's theme music. The credits revealed my guess was correct: Danny Elfman. I got to thinking about all the characters he's done music for (Batman, Darkman, the Flash, Dick Tracy, the Simpsons, Spider-Man, Ethan Hunt of Mission: Impossible, Edward Scissorhands, and Agents J & K of Men in Black to name just a few) and I came to a conclusion: I want Danny Elfman to do my theme song. I may only wear a cape and tights in the privacy of my own imagination, but I think I'm worthy of a few recognizable chords of my own and I can think of no other composer I would want to have such an honor.

Then again, it was another composer who immortalized Superman.