A frazzled serving wench calls to the grumpy ogre cook: “Dwarf on a hoard, hold the diamonds; two halflings on a dragon hunt; bag of gold, hold the snow; and elf tips in trouble!”
In minutes, the customer receives a loaded baked potato without salt, two fried eggs on toast, fried dumplings without powdered sugar, and a steaming mug of mint leaf tea.
Soon, she calls out again: “Bear in a cave; two halflings in armor and another in bed with rubies and an extra blanket!”
This customer receives a sausage patty with gravy, two boiled eggs, and an omelet with bacon and extra cheese.
- … on a dragon hunt = (2) fried egg(s) on toast
- … in armor = hard boiled egg
- … in bed = cheese omelet
- … armed and dangerous = scrambled eggs
- Example: “Halfling in bed with rubies and emeralds!” = omelet with bacon and bell peppers
- … on a hoard = baked potato, fully loaded
- … with rubies = baked potato with bacon pieces
- … roll it in diamonds = baked potato, coated with butter and salt
- … on a bad day = baked potato, plain
- … from Nevermelt = raw potato
- … with a red beard = sweet potato
- … shave the beard = peeled potato
- … and stomp it = mashed potatoes
Would you eat here? What other terms could be added to the tavern's glossary?