Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One Of Those Days

...that makes you go, "Huh?" I had a really strange day today. It wasn't a bad day, just a weird one.

It started off before dawn with frost on my windshield. Both sides of my windshield. I didn't expect the cold and had accidentally left my windows cracked. Weird.

We had visitors at work today from higher up the corporate ladder. They were doing an audit and everyone was in a tizzy. Except me. I sailed smooth all morning. Very weird.

My afternoon route to Austin ran really late. The first holdup was a crew from a local electric company (missed the name) stringing wires across the interstate. They had traffic down to two lanes. Very very weird. Then, I got to Kyle for a drop-off and was blocked by a disabled semi and its emergency service crew. The semi needed a jump start (which, I learned, takes about fifteen minutes). Odd. Traffic in Austin was typical, but on the way back, I found myself at another stop on the interstate. Again down to two lanes for a few miles, but this time without an explanation. I blame the raccoons. I got back nearly an hour late (which, I learned, is not the record—I'm not planning to beat a six-hour run anytime soon!!). Very very odd and weird.

At least the day normalized after that. Bible study and fellowship at church. Boys to bed and blogging at home. So glad the weirdness is over. For now. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: