Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's A Jungle In Here

Our house is being overwhelmed with vines. I thought it would be the honeysuckle on our fence that would consume the house, returning the land back to its original, pristine prairie-ness. But no. And it's not live greenery; it's plastic. It's not nature; it's nurture, from the inside out.

A friend of ours from church has a talent for interior decorating. She just loves it! And she has decided to bless us with a makeover for our bathroom and kitchen. I kid you not: our bathroom, which isn't quite finished yet, has been transformed into a veritable rain forest of green and purple (the effect is most noticeable right after I've taken one of my so-hot-your-skin-turns-red showers). But wait, there's more...

There's been talk of paint. As in, paint. I can't think of anything else to say. I'm just so excited that our ugly wallpaper will be a thing of the past!

And that's just the bathroom! Our kitchen has become a very bountiful grapevine. I love it! Curtains will be changed. Furniture will be rearranged. Purple grapes will overhang. I love it!

Marissa and I are super blessed just to know this woman but to receive a gift like this is just awesome. If HGTV is in the market for a new show and/or host, I will highly recommend Cheri to them!

No comments: