Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Bro The Rev

I mentioned yesterday that we're in El Campo this weekend. One reason we came down is because my brother-in-law Chesley got ordained this morning at church. He's been preaching since the age of 13. He overcame dyslexia and being told he was stupid in school to graduate first in his class from Texas Bible Institute several years ago. Lately, he's been on staff at Christ Is Life Church in Wharton, Texas.

I've had the privilege of hearing Chesley preach a few times. He knows his Bible! He likes to take scriptures and shape them into little bullets of anointing, loading them into his heart and then peppering whoever listens to him with rapid-fire truth. It's impossible to take notes unless you're writing on the tablet of your heart. He loves street evangelism; if you get a knock on your door, it could just be Reverend Chesley M. Sharp.

I'm very proud of him and can't wait to see where God takes his ministry.

No comments: