Wednesday, December 24, 2008

This Idea Copyright 2008 By Sean Rackley

Aidan loves chicken nuggets. At restaurants. If he has leftovers or we buy some from the grocery store, he just won't eat them at home. That goes for just about anything with protein in it. We're a little worried that Ronald McDonald would be feeding Aidan the only meat he ever gets.

Correction: Were.

I was trying to get Aidan to eat some H.E.B. nuggets tonight and he hardly looked at them, let alone ate them. They're white chicken meat pressed into a mold, battered, and fried for goodness sake! Like single guys, I began thinking, "What do they have that we don't?" We don't have parking lots. We don't have clowns. We don't have balloons. We don't have other children (yet).

And then, like Big Mac Mark McGwire hitting a homer, an idea went *CRACK!* in my brain. I give all the credit to God because it worked like a charm. They have colorful bags or boxes or cartons and not ceramic plates! I grabbed a piece of printer paper with a colored border and shaped and taped it into a nugget carton.

At the time of this posting, Aidan has eaten FIVE(!) H.E.B. chicken nuggets. Woo-hoo! We can eat at home again!

(If you make use of this idea in your home, please forward your grocery-store-versus-fast-food savings my way. I accept cash, check, and PayPal.)

((Actually, feel free to use it. Freely I received; freely I shall give. Enjoy the success!))

No comments: