Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Spicy Wife

Marissa loves salsa. She loves wasabi. She loves chili pequins. She ate raw onions as a toddler...and asked for more! Basically she loves anything with a relatively high Scoville rating.

For breakfast she spices up her eggs. At lunch she'll eat chips and salsa as a side. For dinner she cooks with pure capsaicin. She's even learned which grocery store in town has hotter jalapenos for her homemade salsa. Hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, spaghetti, sandwiches, eggs all get a dose of something spicy before they get eaten. Marissa hardly goes a single meal without making her food unnecessarily hot!

Sometimes she'll even ask for something hotter at a restaurant. For example, Mamacita's serves tortilla chips and two dips to every table as they're seated. She doesn't even bother with the guacamole-sour-cream dip. The red salsa is also too mild. She likes the by-request-only "mamatomic" sauce and orders a bowl every time we go. I have a hard time looking at the black stuff let alone eating it. Maybe if I had a radiation suit.

Don't get me wrong; I like spice too. I just like to taste the food it's on.

No comments: