Monday, August 13, 2007

What A Wonderful Day!

I have a new hero. His name is Craig. But I'll get to that in a moment.

What a day I had! I wasn't working but I had a full schedule, beginning with a job interview. I do believe it was the fastest interview I've ever been to. And I was hired! As soon as I get my preliminary paperwork and medical exams done, I'll be a bus driver for San Marcos CISD. I was five minutes early and was walking out the door with a smile and a cell phone on my face fifteen minutes later! Can't give 'em too many props for interview practice, but I sure do appreciate the brevity.

My next appointment was in Lockhart, the BBQ Capitol of Texas (it's true: there was legislative action to declare it thus several years ago). And good for me, it was at a BBQ restaurant—Black's to be specific. I was meeting with the Austin-area director for Child Evangelism Fellowship and his wife. I met him a few weeks back while driving a charter for Grace Bible Church. We talked about his program for a while over lunch. It was a really nice visit. Perhaps God has something in store for me with them? Time will tell.

And this afternoon, my third and final appointment for the day is the reason Craig is my hero. I posted an ad on his list yesterday to sell my Jeep. Less than 24 hours later, I signed over the title after being handed the agreed upon amount of money. I'm absolutely blown away at how fast craigslist works. And that's not even the coolest part. I had three other calls about the Jeep (that I had to turn down since it was already sold) and the service is completely free! You can also find jobs in just about any category and anything and everything that can fetch a fair market price. Marissa and I celebrated by having dinner at a local pizzeria. And believe it or not, we chose the place without consciously considering its name: Craig O's.

Despite getting a new job (I'm not leaving the other one, by the way), talking up children's ministry with a really sweet couple, and padding my wallet with some much needed cash, the highlight of my day came later, at home. Marissa and I were bathing our beautiful son when she just started laughing. I looked to see what the humor was and Aidan was sticking his tongue out at me. Apparently, I'd licked my lips and he thought it was a great time to play monkey-see-monkey-do. We stuck tongues at each other the rest of bath time. I love discovering new ways to entertain myself son!

Tomorrow's schedule is equally packed. I'll be sure to let you know if it's equally rewarding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yipee! Now I have a place to park!

Gram