Monday, July 16, 2007

God Has A Sense Of Humor

And I can prove it...

But first, I think it's imperative for you to know what I had for lunch: a salami sandwich.

So God has a sense of humor. We all know, that in the game of comedy, timing is everything. This evening, in the midst of processing my salami sandwich, I was reading my Bible. I was in the book of Jeremiah, the second chapter. And because I was processing my salami sandwich, I was a little—gassy.

The first one prompted Marissa to remark that I had "permanently stained the air with stink." As I loosed another bit of flatulence, the kind of filth that provoked Marissa to make me swear off processed meats, I came to verse 22. God is speaking through the prophet about worshiping idols and says, "No amount of soap or lye can make you clean. I still see the stain of your guilt. I, the Sovereign LORD, have spoken!"

I couldn't read the rest of the chapter without first enjoying a huge laugh. When I regained my breath and noticed that Marissa was still searching for hers (though not due to having been laughing), I laughed some more. And then she started laughing. It was a great time!

If you don't believe God has a sense of humor, you must not find farts funny either. I feel sorry for you on both counts; here's a salami sandwich.

No comments: