Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Squizzle That Got Away

A squizzle is an onomatopoeia and here's how to make one: First, have a baby. Second, feed him/her mother's milk. Third, wait 3-4 (four) hours (Note: make sure baby has a diaper on - unknown consequences likely to occur without this crucial component).

We've been dealing with dirty diapers all week. I'm not as terrified of this part of parenting as I thought I would be and I'm getting better and better at it, too!

Sometimes a squizzle evolves beyond simple onomatopoeia and becomes an on-my-mom-pee-i. This has happened a few times too, but today, Aidan's first poo to get beyond the borders of diaper protection erupted all over one of his new outfits. And Mom's pants. And soon after, Dad's hands. It was a bit of a shock, but I knew it would be coming at some point. Other parents have graciously prepared us for such things - thanks, Bobby and Michele! ;-)

I would really like to find a t-shirt that boldly declares "REAL MEN CHANGE DIRTY DIAPERS" because it's very masculine and ungross to clean up your child. It gives me just an inkling of insight into what Jesus did when He became our sin for us and really cleaned us up
(II Corinthians 5:21).

No comments: