Friday, March 30, 2007

I Was In An Opera

I joined Marissa for lunch today and then remained with her the rest of the afternoon. Elementary music class is fun! I learned about W.A. Mozart and opera and then to demonstrate opera for the kids, Marissa asked me to join her up front. We performed the masterpiece rendition of "Where's the Checkbook?" and the kids loved it. I rather enjoyed it myself.

Did I miss my calling when I majored in math, and then computer science, and finally geography? Is it possible there's a fourth tenor and he's me? Singing in the shower is one thing, but could I sing on stage? With an audience? I will soon get a chance to find out.

Marissa and I wrote a new praise song for Resurrection Sunday that we'll be singing in church. All are invited!
PowerHouse Christian Center, April 8 @ 10:45 AM.