Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hindering vs. Activating

I took the following notes at Powerhouse on September 25, 2011. Dr. Linda Smith was speaking.

Hinder the flow of Holy SpiritActivate the flow of Holy Spirit
1. Condemnation
  • Romans 8:1
  • teflon of knowing God's love
  • self, others-me, me-others
  • Hebrews 10:22
  • James 4:8
1. Surrender/Obedience
  • "replacement therapy"
  • encouragement
  • re/assurance
2. Offense
  • me-others, others-me
  • Matthew 18:35
  • forbidden by scripture
  • judge situations not people
  • Matthew 6:14b
2. Forgiveness
  • repairers of the breach
  • allows mercy to rise up
  • change atmosphere and partner with Holy Spirit
  • Matthew 6:14a
  • me-others, others-me (needs to flow)
  • "Go down the list"
  • "Let God do the spanking"
3. Fear
  • Gideon (Judges 7)
  • Ask one stranger about Jesus/Holy Spirit every Thursday
  • Abram left his family
3. Faith/Love
  • perfect love casts out fear
  • fear has no power over us when we have faith
  • fear won't help anyone, so faith it out
4. Pride
  • "I'm all that"
  • James 4:6
    • more grace to be had
    • God resists the proud, we resist devil
  • "I can do all things"
  • 1 Corinthians 1:20
  • Michal
4. Confidence
  • "God's all that"
  • humility
  • brokenness
  • "...through Christ"
  • David
5. Distraction
  • fractures time
  • busyness of life
  • works are not focused
  • Romans 8:6a
  • fatigue (vs. refreshing)
  • double-mindedness
  • Martha (vs. Mary)
5. Focus on God
  • multiplies time
  • never on vacation from God
  • Psalm 46:10
    • mind
    • body
    • environment
  • "His lap"
  • Hebrews 3:10
  • Romans 8:6b
  • James 4:8—how close can God get to me? Let's find out!
  • as often as you can

Motivation: a free flow of Holy Spirit in our lives

No comments: