Monday, December 13, 2010

The Power Of √

I've been using a daily goals list combined with a to-do list for almost a full week now. I don't know why I never used one before because I absolutely love it!

At the beginning of my day, I set some small goals, such as "write a scene for CW" or "wrestle with boys." There are a few recurring items, like "dailys" which is a reminder to do my devotional readings in Scripture. There are people I need to call, appointments I need to keep, and the list goes on. Literally! So I head out in the morning with a sense of purpose.

As each item is completed, I place a √ next to it. When I get bored, I look at my list and find something to do. I end up going to bed with a great sense of personal accomplishment. Purpose and accomplishment: two things that lead to a very fulfilling day life!

I'd like to say I was taught this in school or learned it at some fancy conference, but I didn't. I mean, I knew the technique was there; I just never applied it to my own life until God instructed me to do so last week. Today marks day seven of having little visions written plainly on a tablet, so I can see them and run with them (Habbakuk 2:2)! It's been a great start.

And with this post published, I can √ another item off my list!

No comments: