Thursday, August 13, 2009

AJ's First Prayer

For I don't know how long, we've been teaching Aidan to pray. It's part of his nightly routine, right after brushing teeth and reading a story. Our method has been to have him echo us. We used words and concepts that he could understand (I think), but we talked to God.

Tonight, right after he said, "The End!" at the end of the story, he said, without being prompted, "Dear God, I love you, in Jesus' name, Amen." It was so simple and so pure. It melted my heart, which overflowed out of my eyes and down my cheeks. Marissa was equally touched. We're both so proud of him!

Thank you, Lord, for such a wonderful gift in my sons! I can hardly wait to see what You'll teach me through them tomorrow. You are awesome!

1 comment:

Sera said...

That is so awesome - a moment you were probably just waiting and hoping for!