Sunday, December 14, 2008

At The Time Of This Posting...

there are but 54 hours until Marissa and I find out for certain whether Baby2.0 is a boy or a girl. We believe this child to be a girl but we've not yet had confirmation of that belief. So far it's been a Holy Spirit feeling.

54 hours. That's not really that much time if you think about it: 2.25 days; 0.32 weeks; or 0.019 months. But at the same time, it's going SO slowly! I can't count how many times I've planned how to get to the doctor's office on time. I think I'd have driven Marissa nuts by now if I'd done all this planning out loud.

The problem is this: our appointment is at 3:00 PM in Austin. I work, in San Marcos, until 2:00 PM. It's about 30 miles to the doctor's office which would be fine in perfect traffic conditions. However, perfect traffic conditions just don't exist north of San Antonio and south of Waco. It's not called Interwait Highway 35 for no reason!

Some solutions I've thought of:
  • Leave work early (problem: missing out on some pay)
  • Reschedule appointment (problem: we've waited long enough already)
  • Show up late (problem: there should be a point to appointments)
  • Hire a helicopter and pilot to fly us to Austin (problem: no helipad at work—we drive buses)
  • Ask the ultrasound tech to meet us halfway in Buda (problem: haha!)
  • Have Marissa pick me up right at 2:00 and just haul bus to Austin (problem: we'd have to retrieve my car later)
I think we're going to end up doing the last option because that one offers the least inconvenient obstacle. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

No comments: