Friday, September 12, 2008

Coming Up In Two Weeks

I'm very excited about what's coming to San Marcos on September 26 and 27. Maybe you've seen the "You're Invited" section on my sidebar. Maybe you haven't. (I bet you will now!)

Here's a bit about what will be going on:

GodPOWER is a series of conferences our church has been hosting dealing with the nine manifestations ("gifts") of the Holy Spirit listed in 1 Corinthians 12. At the beginning of March we covered tongues, interpretation of tongues, and prophecy. GodPOWER 2 in May dealt with word of knowledge, word of wisdom, and discernment of spirits. September's conference will cover gifts of healing, special faith, and working of miracles.

Friday night we're expecting God to show up and show off. We've been inviting people left and right to our miracle and healing service. Saturday, we'll be teaching from the Bible on these topics and providing free lunch to participants. If the way the Holy Spirit has been at GodPOWER 1 and 2 is any indicator, GodPOWER 3 should be phenomenal!

I imagine you might be wondering how people can work up miracles and healings. Maybe you disagree with this understanding of scripture. Or maybe you've just never heard about it. First of all, people don't do these things; God does...through people. We're just yielded vessels to what He wants to do to prove His Word. Secondly, whether you disagree or have never heard about it, why not give it a chance? If you witness something amazing yourself (or maybe even receive your own miracle), I bet you'll be convinced. You can't tell me God has stopped doing this stuff because I have personally experienced or witnessed healings in myself, Marissa, and several others.

What sort of healings and miracles should you expect to see at GodPOWER 3? I don't know for sure. I do know the sorts of healings and miracles Jesus or the apostles administered as recorded in the Bible: lepers cured, multitudes fed, water walked on, water changed to wine, relationships restored, people raised from the dead, demons cast out, and many more. And Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Why should we expect less of Him today?

I could go on and on; I'm that excited about this upcoming conference! However, I think I'll cut myself off here and just say, "Come!" Check it out for yourself. Bring a friend or come alone and make a new one there. If you are interested, please contact the church so we can save you a seat and plan accordingly for food on Saturday. Click here or on the sidebar for contact info. I hope to see you there!

No comments: