Saturday, March 8, 2008

We Have Lift Off!

In about 17 months, the U.S. (and maybe the world) will be celebrating the 40th anniversary of Neil Armstrong's famous words as he became the first human to step onto the surface of Earth's moon. It's a thing worthy of celebration to be sure. But let's not forget that it was baby steps that got us there.

Speaking of which, at just under 11 months, Marissa and I got to witness Aidan's first steps. It's a thing worthy of celebration to be sure. Perhaps Aidan will go down in history too. It was certainly six small steps for a baby...one giant leap in this child's development.

Alright, alright! Enough with the over-stretched parallels! I'm so excited that I finally got to see what I missed last week while I was working (this is why I haven't written about it until tonight)! Aidan walked! Twice! What's cool is that he didn't do it on accident or without thinking about it. He planned it: he crawled over to where I was stretched out on the floor, climbed to a standing position, turned toward Marissa, lifted his hands to Heaven, and toddled to his Mommy, smiling the whole way. I wanted to jump up and down but thought I might startle the little guy, so I just lay there and clapped and laughed. Then Aidan came back and did it a second time! Very cool!

Does anyone know of an upcoming remade Texas Ranger show? Cuz I have a Walker!

No comments: