Saturday, June 2, 2007

Resumes And Restaurants

Marissa, in her role as music teacher at an elementary school, had to go inspect a new donation to her school. I, in my role as muscle-wielding, baby-carrying-and-entertaining husband, had to go along. It was a vertical piano in desperate need of a tune-up and the accompanying bench (no pun intended). It was quite a beast to load into and out of another teacher's pick-up but we managed. And I've decided to add a line to my resume:
  • Faster than a speeding bullet
  • More powerful than a locomotive
  • Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound
  • Strong enough to lift a piano with the help of four (4) other men
Do you think I'll get the job?



We also tried a new eatery for lunch today after our piano errand. Rally Round Bakehouse is the name of the place. Don't let their website fool you; it's more than a bakery and catering establishment. What drew us in today was a sign advertising stuffed burgers. I had one stuffed with jalapeƱos and cream cheese and Marissa opted for a turkey sandwich. And of course, you know we tried a bite of each other's food: both were excellent!

But the real reason I'll be going back is for an item so fresh that it's not even on the menu yet (really and truly). Their onion rings were simply divine. And I only had one bite of Marissa's! Something that starts out as a bitter, slap-yo-mama vegetable should not taste so sweet. Just seems impossible, but they did it. Next time I go, I may order only a plate of onion rings and a Coke. But their stuffed burgers are worth waiting for too!

No comments: