Saturday, May 19, 2007

Happy One Month, Aidan!!

Imagine, if you will, you're driving from San Marcos to Luling and as you enter Martindale, you see this...


...held in place and anchored to the ground by a 3-foot plastic sunflower. What would you say to yourself? I need a yard; let's go!? or perhaps, I've always wanted one of those...? Well, I'm sorry to disappoint, but my yard is not for sale. Besides, I rent. I don't even own a yard that I could sell if I wanted to. So quit pestering me! Geez!!

In all seriousness, Marissa and Aidan and I all experienced a first together today: we had a yard sale. All week long we searched our house for things that shouted, "another man's treasure," and gathered them in our living room. Our feline children loved this new pile to play with but it didn't last. This morning at 6:00, we hauled everything out to our driveway (told you I don't have a yard).

At 2:30 or so, we hauled most of it back inside. But we did sell some stuff, made some money, and had lots of fun. I strongly recommend a yard sale (or garage sale or sidewalk sale or moving sale or whatever you want to call it - just expect some silly questions about how to get the garage into the back of a someone's truck) for anyone with lots of stuff and not a lot of money. You'll end up with less stuff (which is still too much) and some money (which is still not enough).

And try to avoid throwing tennis balls at your neighbor's roof. They tend to blame their cats.

No comments: